My family has been dealing with an gluten intorlerance for years. We had a hard time discovering why my husband was so ill. He actually lost his job from being ill for so long. But a little over a year ago we made several decisions to make sure we were gluten-free. Due to these changes we have seen great strides in my husbands health.
The thing that I have struggled with the most is thatI love to cook. My love for cooking comes from many great days in the kitchen with mom, grandma, and great-grandma. I value those old family recipes. Most of them had some form of gluten product in them. My plan with this blog is to show you how I have converted some of my favorite recipes and if possible help anyone else who might want a recipe converted.
Converting recipes can be hard especially when you are eliminating such a common set of ingredients. But I love a challenge and I love to feed my family great tasting food. So I will try and try again until I get it just right.
There are a few other things that you will find on my blog. First being businesses that my husband or I frequent because of their great gluten-free selection. And finally how to cook gluten-free on a shoestring. We are a family of seven 1 is off on his own and the other is in college. We need to be frugal. It is really hard to maintain a gluten-free lifestyle on such a small budget but it is possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment